Sunday 3 May 2009

Euro Disney

A Spotify Playlist of Foreign Juvenilia


If you've yet to catch the Spotify bug this playlist might intrigue you enough to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm not quite sure how I came across the Danish version of Heigh-Ho but it led me to look up more European soundtracks to Disney films on Spotify.

Listening to Heigh-Ho you're left in no doubt that those dwarves are working like dogs in that mine; the Italian version of Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo sounds like it's from a Fellini film rather than Cinderella and there's something quite menacing about the Jungle Book's Elephant March when sung in German.

Spotify Playlist: Euro Disney

When You Wish Upon a Star (French/Pinnichio)
I Want To Be Like You (Spanish/Jungle Book)
Heigh-Ho (Danish/Snow White)
Hi-Diddle Dee Dee (Italain/Pinocchio)
Winnie the Pooh (Swedish)
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo (Italian/Cinderlla)
Little April Showers (Spanish/Bambi)
Colonel Hathi's March (German/Jungle Book)

Spotify Playlist: Euro Disney

What do you think? If you've created any interesting or unusual Spotify playlists yourself please leave a comment and tell me about it.

4 comments:

Peter said...

these are brilliant. thanks!

Peter said...

and what's really weird is how you get some of the original voices left on the spanish 'i want to be like you'.

MQM said...

Hi, Nigel - Sorry to say, Spotify is not available yet here in the USA - looks interesting. I'll see if I can find any of those versions elsewhere.

Cocktails said...

I'm going through a real Disney phase at the moment, whilst at the same time trying to resist being overwhelmed by music sites.

You're making life very difficult for me here you know...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates