Monday 14 January 2008

Art Garfunkel's Library


On this week's Theme Time Radio Hour Bob Dylan mentioned that Art Garfunkel's website lists every book the singer's read since 1968. Bob wasn't pulling our legs. The list currently stands at 1,023, the most recent entry being The Magnificent Ambersons (I've seen the film but not read the novel).

It's a fascinating list, if only because it must surely be the only example of its kind. Does Paul Simon list every film he's ever seen? I doubt it.

Art evidently likes a serious read. Picking through the list at random I noticed that between December 1985 and June 1986 Art read 14 books including The Aeneid, The Conquest of Gaul by Julius Caesar and a book I've never heard of called Zen in the Art of Archery (it gets a 4 1/2 star average on Amazon).

I'm not a particular fan of Simon and Garfunkel, but I am now bizarrely interested to see what Art will be reading in the year ahead.

Related Links

Art Garfunkel's Library

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates