Tuesday 8 January 2008

My Favourite Octogenarian Film Reviewers

The always reliable, often nuts WFMU's Beware of The Blog tipped me off to Reel Geezers - a superb YouTube film review show with a refreshing twist: the critics are a pair of knowledgeable OAPs. Lorenzo Semple, 84, was one of Hollywood's top screenwriters in the 70s (Three Days of the Condor, The Parallax View). He's joined by 81-year-old former agent and film producer Marcia Nasatir.

What's great about the duo is their love of cinema shines through in every review whether it's Superbad or Michael Clayton and the banter between the two is priceless. Here's their take on a couple of the films I've enjoyed most in recent months, Juno and I'm Not There.

Reel Geezers on Juno


Reel Geezers on I'm Not There

For more background on Reel Geezers, The LA Times has a very good interview.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates